Chef Ranveer Brar is my current hot fav, especially after watching this season of Masterchef India. So, when I got a chance to ask him for a special recipe for Mother’s Day, I thought to find out what he loves eating from him mom’s kitchen. After all, chef bhi kabhi bachcha tha!
And voila, he revealed that he loved Panjeeri and since it happens to be a power packed food for kids loaded with the nutrients, I couldn’t resist sharing it with you all. This one works great if your child is under weight like mine.
So, here’s the recipe of Panjeeri sprinkled with ma ka pyaar, goodness of rich ingredients and of course extra dose of Chef Ranveer’s good looks (the last ingredients is for the mommies!) 😉
Check out the recipe after the jump…
Serves: 2 persons
Cooking time: 20 mins
Preparation time: 15 mins
Equipment needed: Pan, Spatula, Blender, Wok/Kadai, Masher or Wooden Spatula
Ghee : 2 ½ cup
Edible Gum : 3 tbsp
Pumpkin Seeds : 2 tbsp
Watermelon Seeds : 2 tbsp
Lotus Seeds : ½ cup
Wheat Flour : 2 cup
Carom Seeds : 1 tsp
Powdered Sugar : ½ cup
Pistachio : 1 tbsp
Cherries : few
- On a pan, heat ghee. Fry the edible gum, pumpkin seeds and watermelon seeds and remove in a bowl.
- Crush the fried edible gum.
- Blend the mixture of pumpkin and watermelon seeds and add to the edible gum mixture.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add wheat flour, carom seeds and the prepared mixture of edible gum. Remove this in a bowl.
- Mix in the powdered sugar.
- For garnish, chop the pistachios and slice the cherries. Garnish the prepared panjeeri with pistachios and cherries.Earlier published on : Food and Nightlife blog from Buzzintown.com