There’s still a week to go for Raksha Bandhan, which is enough to make a handmade rakhi for your brother. So, all those who have been asking me about the tutorial of these Alphabet Rakhis that we told you about in one of our old posts, here it is…
1. Cut out the desired alphabet from card stock.
2. Make small shapes using quilling strips – circles, triangles,
drops, squares etc.
3. Now, stick the quilled shapes on the card stock alphabet without
leaving any gaps.
4. Once it dries up, apply glue on the outer edges of the alphabet and
stick a quilling strip in contrasting colour on the glued edge making
5. Coat the alphabet with modgepodge or transparent nail paint to make
6. Stick a satin ribbon at the back and your personalized Rakhi is ready!
P.S: Our personalised Rakhi got featured in yesterday’s Hindustan Times (Mumbai Edition). Give us a shout if you spotted them 🙂 We’ll be happy!